RESTAURANTS AND HOTELS
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders in your account and more.CREATE AN ACCOUNT
Lobmeyr 2. Geschäftslokal
Kärntner Straße 11, 1010 Wien
The Lobmeyr company was at this address from 1825 to 1895, experiencing its first heyday during the age of great world exhibitions.
In 1825, just two years after the company was founded, Josef Lobmeyr moved to a larger shop in the “zum Prinzen Eugen” building on Weihburggasse, diagonally across from the previous store. In this corner building on Kärntner Strasse, the entrance to the shop was towards Weihburggasse. Just a few years after the move, the store expanded into the central space and, in 1844, the corner room towards Kärntner Strasse was added. Architect Moritz Wappler then redesigned the interior, adding an entrance on Kärntner Strasse. As Ludwig Lobmeyr noted in his autobiography: “From that point on, the shop was not only the first, but also the most attractive of its kind in Vienna.”
It was from this store that the Lobmeyr company truly became an international success story. The company took part in every world expo starting with the second one, which was held in London in 1862 and led to large orders from King of Bavaria Ludwig II and the royal courts of Serbia, Portugal, and Spain. Around this time, the overseas markets also opened up. As of the mid-nineteenth century, Lobmeyr was the only glassware purveyor to the Austrian imperial family. Large orders were also filled for various members of the imperial family including Crown Princes Rudolph and Franz Ferdinand, Archdukes Ferdinand Maximilian, Rainer, Ludwig Viktor, and Archduchesses Sophie and Marie-Valerie.
Josef and Ludwig Lobmeyr, sons of the founder, ran the business on Weihburggasse/Kärntner Strasse until the building was demolished in 1895, after which it was moved to its current location at Kärntner Strasse 26. Two long sales counters from this second shop have been preserved, along with the painted iron sign with the company logo on the outside of the entrance and the glass columns of the interior showcases. The latter are stored in the depot of the MAK – Museum of Applied Arts Vienna.
Copenhagen Admiralgade 26 Berlin Restaurant Cumberland · Sake 36 Hamburg Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Menton Mirazur Paris Hilton Hotel (historic Point) · Garance · Maison Sota Nagano Hotel Kokusai 21 Nagoya Marriott Associa Hotel Tokyo Hotel New Otani Makuhari · Kurogi · tempura Mahira · Espece · Koguma-Hanten Seoul Salon de Bouqet Bad Ischl Cafe Zauner Salzburg Cafe Bazar· Meissl & Schadn Villach Parkhotel Villach Wien zum schwarzen Kameel · Hotel Bristol · Hotel Ambassador · Cafe Schwarzenberg · Konditorei heiner · Il Cavalluccio · Park Hyatt Vienna · Motel one Wien – Staatsoper · Kaiser Pavillon Tiergarten Schönbrunn · Hotel Sacher · Hotel Imperial · Cafe Prückel · Hotel Grand Ferdinand · Palais Coburg Residenz · Rosewood Hotel · Kaffein · Cafe westend Stockholm ett hem hotel London Bob bob Ricard · The wolseley Napa valley The french laundry New York City the london hotel San Francisco atelier crenn · Quince
LOBMEYR AT MUSEUMS
Düsseldorf Kunstpalast München die neue sammlung nürnberg germanisches nationalmuseum paris musee des arts decoratifs amsterdam rijksmuseum oslo nasjonalmuseet echsenbach schnapsglas museum echsenbach wien mak – museum für angewandte kunst · möbelmuseum · leopold museum · technisches museum · silberkammer wildalpen museum HochQuellenWasser lisboa palacio nacional da ajuda stockholm swedish national museum brtnice hoffman haus kamenicky senov glasmuseum steinschönau Prague – Josefov museum of decorative arts london victoria and albert museum cincinnati cincinnati art museum corning corning museum of glass Indianapolis newfields museum of art new york city moma · cooper hewitt · neue galerie · metropolitan museum of art philadelphia philadelphia museum of art