The exhibition will feature glass works by the main protagonists of the Viennese Modernism: Josef Hoffmann, Koloman Moser, Joseph Maria Olbrich, Leopold Bauer, Otto Prutscher, Oskar Strnad, Oswald Haerdtland Adolf Loos.
With over 300 works, mostly from the collection of the MAK – Austrian Museum of Applied Arts / Contemporary Art in Vienna and from private collections, the exhibition “The Glass of the Architects. Vienna 1900-1937″, curated by Rainald Franz, will run from April 18th to July 31st, 2016 on the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore, in Venice.
The exhibition will focus on the birth of the art of modern glassmaking in Austria between 1900 and 1937, a very lively period spanning the years between the last decades of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and the First Republic.
MAK - Austrian Museum of Applied Arts
Stubenring 5, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Tue 10 a.m.–10 p.m.
Wed–Sun 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Free Admission on Tuesdays 6–10 p.m.
The exhibition has been taken over from:
LE STANZE DEL VETRO
Isola di San Giorgio Maggiore, 1
30124 Venice, Italy